What is a publisher?
A publisher is a "manager of authorrights"
• ... represents Works by it's composers for the world;
• ... represents Works by foreign publishers for the Netherlands;
• ... helps with Sample clearances;
• ... provides synchronization requests for use of the Work in a movie, game or commercial.
Why do I need a publisher?
"Creative added value to your Works"
There is a big demand of experienced music industry professionals.
A Publisher can be used as a source of information about music industry.
The publisher also often plays a major role for the more experienced composers and authors.
Some examples of the creative added value that a publisher offers are:
• offering the composer's Works to get a license contract;
• supervising the composer/lyricist with a record contract (screening the contracts);
• pitching songs for games/movies/tv-series/commercials;
• setting up co-writes and co-writing camps;
• setting up collaborations with other artists;
• ensure that tracks by composers/lyricists are included on compilations/playlists;
• listen to music and give your professional opinion like a 'disguised' A&R manager;
• guide/motivate and assist composers/lyricists throughout their career;
• making a studio available (for example, XCM Records has its own studio that can be used by its Authors).
Hear our music
Are you on Spotify? Then you can subscribe to our playlists and stay up-to-date on the newest releases. Here you find all the releases on the two labels:
XCM Records Spotify Playlist